Monday, January 16, 2012

This is some Sweet Chili!

I have tried about a million different chili recipes and there are so many different ways to make chili.  I think I finally found one that I really love!  I added a little bit of sweetness to it.  I'm not a big spicy food fan but if you are you could add just a little more chili powder to the recipe to your liking.  So here is the recipe.
2 Tbs olive oil
1 lb ground turkey or beef (kosher salt and pepper)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 small green pepper
1 garlic clove
2 Tbs chili powder or more to taste
1 tsp dried oregano
3/4 tsp ground cumin
1 can each kidney and pinto beans.  (or whatever beans you prefer)
1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
1 8oz can tomato sauce
1 Tbs of your favorite BBQ sauce
* Half a bag of frozen sweet corn
sour cream and cheddar cheese for toppings

Heat olive oil in large pot medium high heat. Brown meat season with salt and pepper.  Remove meat from pan add more olive oil to same pan and add onions peppers and garlic. Saute until soft then stir in the chili powder, oregano and cumin.  Put meat back in pan with the onion mixture and stir in remaining ingredients and 3/4 cup of water and tsp of salt.  Simmer 30 min.
I love making corn bread with chili but didn't have time.  I bought the Pillsbury Grands Biscuits in the frozen section.  I love them so much more then the caned biscuits.  The frozen ones taste more like home made biscuits .  Love them and they are quick and easy! 
I served my chili with a little cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream.  So yummy I really enjoyed it!  And for you vegetarians out there you could just omit the meat and add an extra can of beans.  Hope you all enjoy! :)

1 comment:

  1. I haven't tried making chili with BBQ sauce yet - yum!

    p.s. I bet I could eat 15 of those rolls....yikes.

    xo
    c.

    ReplyDelete